Name of the Organisation: Retailers Association of India (RAI)
About RAI: Retailers Association of India (RAI) is the unified voice of retailers in India. A not for profit organization, RAI works with all stakeholders for creating the right environment for the growth of modern retail industry in India. We encourage, develop, facilitate and support retailers to modernize and adopt best practices that will delight customers. RAI is a section 25 company and created by retailers
- Position Open : Chapter Head
- Location : Delhi
- Reporting to : CEO
- Grade: Manager or as per experience
- As part of member relations, the individual is expected to communicate and collaborate with members of RAI and thereby progress objectives of modern retail Industry.
- Should be able to communicate with very senior members of the industry and create a conducive climate for collaboration.
- Is expected to help increase the membership and income from membership.
- As part of Advocacy, he/she with the help of various people in RAI and the industry heads will create advocacy initiatives and see them through. This involves working with various government and semi government bodies, media houses, Foreign offices and trade bodies.
- Will be responsible for communicating with members about the latest happening in the industry with formal and informal channels.
- Market RAI and its activities to get members and retain members, project progress made by RAI on its objectives to various stakeholders
- Help the marketing and learning initiatives team by collaborating for events that the marketing team creates and executes.
- Contribute by monetizing RAI’s events – including national level leadership and technology summits, and regional and networking meets.
Quantifiable results/deliverables(KRAs) expected from the position:
- Visibility of RAI and its activities in various channels.
- Events: Budget and profitability from the events
- Sponsors: Value of new relationships created. Retaining share of wallet from existing relationships.
- Value Creation: For all members through our Marketing, Advocacy & Learning initiatives.
Whom does the incumbent have to deal with (Internal and External) Internal:
- All departments (Membership, Advocacy, Marketing & Retail Learning) and the CEO office
- Senior level personnel in Retail Companies, Head of marketing / Sales from event Sponsors, Business Partners and Vendors
Qualifications and Experience required for the position
- MBA with 7 to 10 years of post - qualification experience
- Strong commercial and vendor management skills.
Personal attributes/competencies required for the position
- Ability to manage senior client personnel / partners
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- High on initiatives and ability to convert promises into delivery
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix structure