Managing Director, Kalyani Associates (P) Ltd
Descent: Born in 1966 to a traditional rich family of Rm.Appavu Chettiar Jewellery that has been viewed as a icon of integrity among the people of Madurai for more than 100 years in the field of Jewellery.
Academic: Educated up to Matric at Brindavan Public School, Ooty.
Entrepreneurship: At the age of 17, he started a company in his mother’s name Kalyani. In 1985 he started KALYANI as an engineering company dealing with agricultural products, and later his thirst to diversify into various fields opened new avenues like Automobiles, Engineering, Consumer, Lifestyle, and Food & Beverages.
- Passionate about New Business Ventures
- Loves to be an untiring hardworking businessman.
- Approaches everybody with a humanitarian aspect.
- Has a strong respect for human values.
- Wide travels to countries abroad have strengthened his conviction to take care of his home town Madurai, by emulating the practices adopted in the developed countries. Extension of his meditated thoughts gave birth to focus his company’s Corporate Social Responsibilities on three main areas like Environment, Safety and Differently abled children.
Few Ideas shared as Resource Person at
- Talk on creativity @ Hindu Painting Competition held at Mahatma School
- Workshop for Amateur Entrepreneurs at Mannar College
- Seminar for MBA students at Mannar College
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp at The American College
- Seminar for MBA students at Madurai Kamaraj University